Quantum Computing is Being Pioneered in Connecticut
Connecticut’s Yale University was the first research institution to form a Quantum Institute. Their groundbreaking work began receiving national acclaim in 1998 and has continued to result in new discoveries and commercial applications. Companies like Quantum Circuits Inc. have launched out of Yale, receiving millions in capital investment.
Professors at UConn are also conducting research in the field of quantum computing and you can read their published work here.
Yale Quantum Institute
The Yale Quantum Institute was founded to enhance Yale’s leadership in the field of quantum science and technology. It serves as a forum to bring together experimental and theoretical researchers at Yale in the field of quantum information physics, quantum control, quantum measurement, and quantum many-body physics. The Institute also runs an active visitors program to bring in quantum information scientists from leading institutions worldwide, and hosts conferences and workshops in sub-fields relating to its core mission.
- #1 Digital Economy (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #5 Technology & Science Workforce (Milken Institute, 2020)
- #3 Advanced Degrees (U.S. Census Bureau, 2020)
- #4 Innovative Economy (Bloomberg Analytics, 2020)
- #4 Workforce Productivity (Defined by GDP per capita, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis 2019)
- #4 in Knowledge Jobs (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #3 Managerial, Professional and Technical Jobs (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)