Connecticut Has Insurance Talent
Workforce Development Initiatives
To maintain Connecticut as a Financial and Insurance Capital, Connecticut insurers, educators and government entities collaborate on a variety of workforce development initiatives around Financial Services and Insurance sectors.
Actuarial Boot Camp
High school students participate in an “Actuarial Boot Camp,” which opens their eyes to career options in the field. At the event, students get an intensive, interactive opportunity to learn from top talent—exploring advanced mathematics, negotiating skills, risk assessment, ethics and case studies.
High School, Inc.
The state’s vibrant Insurance & Financial Services Cluster supports a public college prep school in downtown Hartford for students interested in insurance and financial services. In addition to a robust general curriculum, the school offers its students an opportunity to participate in field experiences at leading insurers, such as job shadowing and internships.
The CT Insurance & Financial Services Cluster also sponsors an annual “Get Hired” Career Fair. At a recent fair, more than 24 regional, national and global companies recruited college students for opportunities in the insurance and financial sectors.
Unique partnership of Connecticut’s Financial Services and Insurance institutions, state government and the state community college system offers courses including banking, insurance, investments and the fundamentals of management.
- #3 for Managerial, Professional and Technical Jobs (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #1 Digital Economy (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #4 in High wage traded services (higher than service industry jobs) (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #3 for Advanced Degrees (U.S. Census Bureau, ACS 1Y, 2021)
- #4 for Workforce Productivity (Defined by GDP per capita, U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis 2019)
- 38 World-class Colleges & Universities, including Yale & UConn