Tech Talent Lives in Connecticut
With one of the fastest growing tech workforces in the nation, Connecticut’s Innovation Corridor, stretching from Stamford along the shore to New Haven and up the Connecticut River to Hartford, has the infrastructure, partners, and industry support to help your business thrive.
Strategically located along the Northeastern I-95 technology corridor, Connecticut is home to some of the nation’s top universities and boasts a technology ecosystem that includes access to venture capital, partners, incubators, industry associations and a talent pool that ranks as one of the top in the United States.
There are 6,500+ technology establishments in Connecticut, ranging from health IT to quantum computing (Lightcast, 2021). These trailblazing companies host 59,300+ tech jobs across the state (Lightcast, 2021). The state has an abundance of workforce partners, like UConn’s Stamford Data Science Initiative and Yale University, to feed your tech talent needs, with burgeoning tech subsectors thriving amid Connecticut’s green energy and defense hubs in New London, life sciences hub in New Haven, and nation-leading insurance and financial services hub in Hartford.
- Connecticut’s tech supportive jobs rose by 5.3% while other hubs shrunk, including NYC. Tech supportive jobs are growing faster here than nationally
- CT ranks 9th for highest 5-year tech job growth
- #1 Digital Economy (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #1 in Health IT adoption – a key indicator of healthcare innovation (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- Connecticut is #4 in the U.S. for Knowledge Jobs (Information Technology Innovation Foundation, 2020)
- Connecticut ranks #4 in the U.S for having the most innovative economy (Bloomberg State Innovation Index, 2020)
- Connecticut ranks #10 in the U.S. for venture capital deals per capita (Pitchbook, 2023; U.S. Census Bureau 2022 Population Estimate; AdvanceCT calculations)
- Connecticut has the #9 most innovation potential in the U.S. (WalletHub, 2023)
- Connecticut is ranked the #8 state for download speed (BroadbandNow, 2023)
Support for Connecticut’s Technology Industry
Connecticut’s growing technology sector includes global digital media brands like ESPN, technology startups coming out of Yale and businesses meeting the increased demand for Cybersecurity, Fintech, and HealthIT services. With a strong network of support, technology companies are thriving in Connecticut.
The State of Connecticut offers extensive resources for technology and digital media companies. For full information regarding incentives, visit the Incentives section of CT.gov.