Supporting Connecticut students and employers through CampusCT
CampusCT, led by AdvanceCT, is a statewide initiative set by the Governor’s Workforce Council (GWC) with a mission to retain college students in the state while also promoting Connecticut as a great place to live and work after graduation.
We promote local, entry-level job and internship opportunities to Connecticut college students – bridging the gap between employers and the next generation of talent.
Through our partnerships with state-based employers, students can explore company brands, cultures, and open roles, while gaining direct insights from hiring managers on professional development topics. CampusCT also promotes Connecticut's world-class food, cities, parks and beaches, sporting events, and live music – proving that Life is Better in Connecticut.
CampusCT employer partners have a unique opportunity to engage Connecticut’s population of +180,000 college students through:
- Branding: Students wants to know who they're working for. Promote everything from your corporate history, mission and culture to DEI commitments and sustainability initiatives – building substantial brand awareness among the next generation of talent.
- Talent Acquisition: Through in-person career fairs, virtual panel events and digital marketing, CampusCT drives student traffic to your open, entry-level job and internship positions - helping you acquire the talent you need. If you don't have any immediate hiring, lay the groundwork through proactive branding.
- Direct Networking: Get in front of the crowd and meet students directly by participating in CampusCT's virtual professional and career development panels.
For Colleges and Universities
CampusCT is the gateway for students to find meaningful career opportunities and explore all the fun, excitement, and adventure that the state has to offer.
- Careers: CampusCT has partnered with Connecticut's top employers to connect students with meaningful job and internship opportunities - right here in the state. Through our Employer Profiles page, students can also get a sneak peek into these companies' corporate culture and career paths.
- Lifestyle: Connecticut falls behind in the retention of college students post-graduation, partly due to negative perceptions of the state as a desirable place for young professionals to live. To counter this, our digital marketing efforts present Connecticut as a vibrant and dynamic destination that captures the imagination of college students.
- Events: CampusCT has teamed up with senior hiring managers and professional career advisors to help students navigate the next step in their professional journey. Participate in virtual or host in-person networking and panel discussions to help your students stay ahead of the curve.
Want to learn more?