Connecticut: A Top State for Education
Connecticut invests in its people. From universal PreK programs to investments in K-12, workforce training programs and the state’s community colleges and universities, Connecticut invests heavily in education to ensure that all of the state’s residents have access to opportunities for upward mobility.
- #1 for College Readiness1
- #2 best high schools in the country2
- #3 Quality PreK - 12 Education3
- #3 for private school faculty with advanced degrees4
- #2 in the U.S. for highest median ACT score5
- #3 in the U.S. for percentage of students scoring a 3 or higher on the AP Exam6
- #4 in the U.S. for percentage of students scoring a perfect 5 on the AP Exam7
Connecticut has five different types of public schools students can choose from. Learn more about them, find the school closest to you and read our report card here.
Colleges and Universities
Connecticut is home to 38 world-class colleges and universities, including Yale & UConn. These institutions are leading the way in research, applied sciences and innovation. Residents of Connecticut benefit from significantly lower tuition costs at UConn and other state institutions. View Connecticut colleges and rankings on U.S. News.
1 WalletHub, 2023; 2 US News & World Report, 2022; 3 U.S. News & World Report, 2023; 4 Private School Review, 2023; 5 WalletHub, 2021; 6 AP Cohort, 2022; 7 AP Cohort, 2022