Connecticut Takes Cybersecurity Seriously
Connecticut is a global destination for the financial, insurance and defense industries - industries where cybersecurity is critical to protecting ongoing operations. This need, combined with proximity to Manhattan, Boston and other east coast cities, has driven the growth of Connecticut’s cybersecurity industry.
- Connecticut was the first state in the U.S. to publish a cybersecurity defense capabilities report
- Connecticut has helped countries like Ukraine to assess their own cybersecurity threats and to create action plans to solve them (Kelser)
- #1 Digital Economy (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
- #1 Health IT (Information Technology & Innovation Foundation)
The Connecticut Technology Council, a statewide trade association focused on technology companies, is one of the organizations helping to inform and advocate on behalf of the industry.
- Connecticut’s community colleges and universities are preparing the next generation of cyber security leaders.
- Capital Community College offers an A.S. in Computer Networking: Cybersecurity Option
- Norwalk Community College offers an A.S. in Computer Security
- UConn offers a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Cyber Security Concentration
- Western Connecticut State University offers a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems - Information Security option
- Sacred Heart University offers an M.S. in Cybersecurity
- University of Bridgeport offers an M.S. in Technology Management - Information and Cybersecurity Management Concentration
- University of New Haven offers an M.S. in Cybersecurity and Networks