Economic development is a critical component of any community's strategic plan. It is important that public officials across the municipal structure understand the intricacies of the local, state and global economy, and develop a strong and successful economic development foundation for their community’s future.
To help Connecticut’s public officials facilitate such efforts, a collaboration of partners – including AdvanceCT, the Connecticut Economic Development Association (CEDAS), the Connecticut Main Street Center and the MetroHartford Alliance – has developed a unique municipal economic development training.
The FREE 2-hour workshop is geared to those within a municipality who impact economic development, and is designed to get everyone working collaboratively. The curriculum will answer the following questions:
- What is economic and community development?
- Who is responsible for economic development?
- What role does/should your “economic development team” and community play?
- How do you convince your residents and businesses of the importance of economic development?
- How is your municipal economy impacted by the state, region and global economy?