Intern - Business Development
Intern - Business Development
Rocky Hill, CT
Course credit or stipend available, depending on circumstances
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com.
AdvanceCT is a nonprofit economic development organization that seeks to advance business formation in Connecticut, by engaging with business, retaining existing businesses and recruiting new businesses to set up operations in the state. At AdvanceCT, businesses, government, higher education and nonprofits come together to implement high impact and inclusive economic development solutions to advance overall competitiveness in Connecticut.
AdvanceCT and the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (“DECD”) are working in collaboration to drive economic development in the state. AdvanceCT is responsible for driving recruitment, retention and expansion activities, in close coordination with DECD.
We are looking to transform our business development activities through big data, on point analysis, and good ideas. The intern will be part of a dynamic business development team that recruits domestic and international companies, entrepreneurs and new technologies. You will support the full lifecycle of our lead generation and target selection process, working closely with AdvanceCT’s business development team.
The position features diverse responsibilities: database research, data analysis, data entry, report preparation, background information for meetings, subject matter memos, and more. The internship position constitutes an exciting opportunity to receive real-life exposure to a range of business skills/experiences in a fast-paced, hard-working environment.
This role requires a detail-oriented, well-organized, creative individual who has a passion for business and an interest in economic data and economic development, and who is comfortable juggling multiple projects while working in a collaborative environment with AdvanceCT’s business development team, AdvanceCT’s other departments, and with outside vendors.
- Collaborate on data collection efforts and assist with the data and analytics
- Conduct extensive descriptive analytics on the newly collected data
- Conduct primary and secondary research
- Work with business and IT partners
- Make recommendations on data classification
- Use data to influence strategic decision-making
- Analyze data to mine key learning and generate reports
- Monitor publicly available data resources (e.g. BEA, USDA) for new data that can inform AdvanceCT’s business development efforts
- Monitor state-level data for updates and highlights that can enrich AdvanceCT’s business development materials
- Benchmark against other U.S. economic development organizations by comparing websites, social media profiles, and other relevant factors
- Prepare background material for business development meetings
- Research target companies
- Take detailed notes at business development and other meetings
- Register for webinars and similar training courses, and prepare short reports detailing key findings and observations
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
This is a part time position, available for course credit or stipend, depending on circumstances.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Natalie Rosenbaum at nrosenbaum@AdvanceCT.org.