Director of Marketing
Director of Marketing
Rocky Hill, CT
Full-time, exempt, occasional evening or weekend meetings.
Position and compensation will be offered dependent with experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, writing samples, and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AdvanceCT is a nonprofit economic development organization that seeks to advance business formation in Connecticut, by engaging with business, retaining existing businesses and recruiting new businesses to set up operations in the state. At AdvanceCT, businesses, government, higher education and nonprofits come together to implement high impact and inclusive economic development solutions to advance overall competitiveness in Connecticut.
AdvanceCT and the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (“DECD”) are working in collaboration to drive economic development in the state. AdvanceCT is responsible for driving recruitment, retention and expansion activities, in close coordination with DECD.
The Director of Marketing will report directly to the President and CEO. As a business development partner, the Marketing Director will be responsible for promoting Connecticut as an excellent place to live, work and do business.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for:
- All aspects of AdvanceCT’s internal and external marketing activities, communication and public relations
- The annual marketing budget and management of partners and vendors
- Development of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategy that will enhance Connecticut’s image and position within its five key industry sectors, nationally, internationally, and within the state
- Editorial direction, design, production and distribution of marketing materials, including publications, media relations, digital and social media, direct marketing and managing the organization’s website
- Ensuring a consistent image and brand
- Data management including gathering, using and leveraging data and research using the most current and innovative tools and techniques
- Ensuring that the organization measures the ROI of its marketing investments to meet its mission and objectives
- Working with senior staff to ensure the marketing needs of their teams are met and marketing support is in place for the trade shows and events they participate in
- Development of a strategic perspective, based on marketplace and stakeholder needs and satisfaction
- Working collaboratively in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience, with demonstrated success
- Strong creative, strategic, and data analytical skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Demonstrated success in writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media
- Strong digital literacy and marketing background, social media, direct marketing and campaign development
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
- Commitment to working with leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred
- Economic development experience is a plus
Please submit a cover letter, writing samples, and resume in confidence to email@example.com.