Director of Business Development for Advanced Manufacturing
Director of Business Development for Advanced Manufacturing.
New Haven, CT
Full-time, exempt, occasional evening or weekend meetings. Moderate to frequent (50 percent or more) local, domestic, and international travel.
Position and compensation will be offered at a director level depending on education and experience.
Please reply in confidence to Jennifer Mearns at email@example.com
Do you enjoy working with a fast-paced, results-oriented team with a start-up mentality and a “can do” attitude? Do you have experience or expertise in Advanced Manufacturing, especially Aerospace/Defense, Industry 4.0, or Clean Technology? If so, consider joining AdvanceCT, a private nonprofit corporation that drives job creation and new capital investment in Connecticut through high-impact economic development including business attraction, retention and expansion. AdvanceCT is seeking to capitalize on the talent migrating to Connecticut in the wake of the pandemic and to expand the state’s vibrant Advanced Manufacturing sector by recruiting businesses to join the growing aerospace, aviation and other advanced manufacturing companies already here, such as Pratt & Whitney, Electric Boat, Sikorsky, Stanley Black & Decker, Amphenol, Praxair, and many others.
The Director of Business Development for Advanced Manufacturing is a full-time position with director level compensation and benefits, located in New Haven, CT. The position is responsible for directing and executing the business recruitment and retention efforts for this priority Connecticut sector by developing a pipeline of new business and investment, and by identifying retention/expansion opportunities. Ideal candidates will have the ability to recruit and retain companies and be knowledgeable about Advanced Manufacturing segments and supply chains.
Desired Candidate Qualifications
We are seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree including preferred coursework in areas such as Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance, Aerospace/Aviation, Clean Technology/Renewables, Industry 4.0, and Manufacturing Supply Chains; relevant work experience in a related industry, sector/cluster or business; and:
- A strong desire to make a positive impact on Connecticut and a sense of urgency about AdvanceCT’s mission
- Conceptual understanding of the lifecycle of business investment projects
- Comfort networking, making cold calls to and following up on potential leads
- Ability to collect and analyze data to determine sector/cluster strategies and tactics
- Capability to work independently to achieve organizational goals and targets
- Knowledge of state and local incentives and business attraction programs
- Strong contacts in Advanced Manufacturing and related trade groups
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including effectiveness in presentations
- Consistent attention to detail
- A collaborative, team player approach
- Willingness to travel to other states and countries
AdvanceCT is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity, equity and inclusion. AdvanceCT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status. More detailed information about AdvanceCT can be found at http://www.advancect.org
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to Jennifer Mearns at firstname.lastname@example.org.